Jambowlwii - the virtual Jambowlree
In these trying times we're all scratching around trying to provide activities while we're not meeting face to face, so how about a home based bowling night? It could work!
- It's just like the main competition, but virtual.
- You don't have to actually use a wii, it's just that the name is so great we couldn't resist.
The idea is everyone in your troop/colony/unit/pack/mob etc all arrange to "go bowling" for a meeting one week. Or you could set it as a challenge to run for a few days.
- Everyone set up a wii, installs an app, finds a browser game on a tablet or phone
- Or maybe get each person to collect some bottles and do some corridor bowling or something.
- Use a meeting app to "meet" together, zoom, webex, teams, whatsapp, skype etc etc.*
- Everyone plays the game, then screen shots or photos their score and gives it to you the leader.
- Leader then enters the scores on the Jambowlree results page.
- We'll still put a limit of six players per team
- You can enter as many teams as you like
- Because games can only take five or ten minutes, it might be better to have a best score of several games rather than from just one.
- Entry is FREE but you can still buy badges from the shop for handing out when things get back to "normal"
* Please take local safeguarding rules into account
I've had a play, and for an app I'd suggest "Ultimate Bowling", it does have adverts but it's free
If you're looking for just a browser based game, if you search for "The Bowling Club Game" it's a little gimmicky but it's fairly realistic.
Steam has some free VR bowling games but I've not investigated them, VR makes me feel sick!